Monday, July 13, 2009

Apartments, Boys, & a house-What a week!

The boys left town last Monday with Mom & Dad to go to Oklahoma for a week. Every summer they take the boys and we have all been so busy with classes, swim lessons, VBS, etc until this past week. I hadn't felt good for about a day but wasn't sure if it was stress or something else. Turns out I had a UTI. :( I had 2 perscriptions and was glad to rest some during the week.

Monday night David and I went to look at an apartment complex near our house. Since we have to be out by the 30th and have no place to go, we needed to check out our options. I thought it was a little disappointing to discover that a 2 bedroom apartment is the same as a mortgage payment!! Plus you still have bills! Prices have really soared in the past 8 years.

On Monday night, we were supposed to see a house that went on the market on Friday. We tried Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night. From the internet description, it checked almost all of our boxes-4 bedrooms, 3 car garage, pool, etc. We were very anxious to see it since we were considering another house that was much smaller but finished out nicer with an awesome pool! Tuesday night we finally got to see the house and really like it. Stephanie had been talking to the realtor who mentioned the home owner could be out by July 30 (our close date for Aspen Way)!!! Was this the house for us working out according to God's plan? We looked at it again on Wednesday night & put in an offer. By Friday, we agreed to a price.


God has worked it out for us to move from home to home at the end of the month! Here is a picture of our new home-Lake Crest in Flower Mound.


We never doubted God but wanted to know His plan for us! There is some work that needs to be done on the house. Most of the downstairs is orange (not terra cotta) tile, orange ceilings, and orange walls. We will initially paint some rooms and then step back to see what needs to be done next.

One of my goals for this week while the boys were gone was to start packing. Besides what is in the storage shed for the past 4 months, I hadn't started on anything else. This week I packed over a dozen boxes including most of the boys toys, china, serving dishes, books, and many other things. Here is a picture of some of my cleaned out kitchen. As you can tell, the top cabinets are cleaned out as well as most of our glasses. I haven't started our dishes yet. There is more to be packed but the boys are home and I am out of boxes. (We are trying not to buy any!)



Another fun thing happened this week-a new baby! My cousin, Jenny, had her third child on Thursday. Nobody but Steve knew if it would be a boy or a girl but Jenny had a feeling she would be having a third son. Brenner Oz was born at 3:12 pm weighing 7 lbs 13 oz. Leah & I got to go hold him on Friday. :)

5 comments:

The Norvells said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys.....looks like a great place for your great family. I hope we get to come see it one day soon.

Stephanie said...

What we need to see is a pic of the shoes!!! :)

Aunt Kathryn said...

Anna, so happy for you all. Looks great!

Jenny said...

Yeah! So glad it worked out. Truly perfect timing! And so happy you have a pool. ;-)

And I have cute pictures of you and Leah holding Brenner. I'm glad you came up to visit!

Anonymous said...

YEA. can't wait to see it in person. :-) if you do need to buy boxes on 26 there is a used boxes place that you buy and resell boxes and they are really reasonable....it is down past krispy kreme and creme de la creme....you might check into it!