John David has been a little under the weather for a few days. (No fever over 99, eating fine, etc.) Today was the the breaking point after his eyes didn't look good & crabbiness, I made a doctor's appointment. We had the oil changed in the truck & found out a leak was the same leak that happened in July (rebuilt part of the front differential & had my vehicle for a week) and the same leak from October. YIKES! I was furious so I headed to the dealership. I promise I was nice but wanted it fixed before our weekend out of town. After we got the truck settled, I got them to take the three of us home. My horn also had to be fixed!
David was gracious enough to come home earlier so I could take John David into the doctor. I had to wake him from an 1 1/2 hour nap and then we waited at the doctor's office for someone to get some stiches. John David's fever had spiked during his nap to 104! They quickly took tests for strep & flu. As I was discussing symptoms, the nurse returned to let us know it was the flu! We haven't had the flu in our house since January of 2002 when David and I both got it together on the same weekend! The NP started writing persciptions for everyone in the family! Drew & John David each have two persciptions since this year's strain doesn't react to Tamiflu. David & I each have 1 since we are over 7.
Although our weekend of getting out of town to fly fish and get away with kids is postponed, it will be a good weekend! I am determined that it will be a good Valentine's weekend! I am so blessed to have only one child sick and pray for a speedy recovery. Please say a prayer for us so the rest of us don't get sick and John David starts feeling better very soon.
11 years ago



1 comment:
Update please with pics from the weekend!
Post a Comment