Our house is finally on contract!!! We had over 50 showings and an offer finally came through. While we were working our first offer and countering, another buyer wanted to make an offer. Our first offer was too far so all parties agreed to walk away. The other offer was good but we didn't agree on things for a while. After we signed two days later, we discovered that they were working another offer. We were pretty disappointed and discouraged. (VBS started.) Three days later they wanted to agree to the offer. After we signed the paperwork, the inspection was 24 hours later.
After the inspection, they asked for everything to be fixed! Lots of things were very minor except for several windows that need to be replaced. We are learning alot about selling, our home, and repairs. I still feel like a property virgin and we have been home owners for nearly 8 years!
Meanwhile, we found a really good home. By the time we started inquiring about it, we discovered there were already 2 other offers. We made an offer with a contingency since our house hasn't closed. We were their second choice. Oh well. There is a "fixer-upper" we've been looking at for a while but I think we have moved on from that house. It needs painted, the pool is filthy, and all the flooring has to be replaced before moving in (huge expense)!
We have been looking at houses on the internet and in person. Our realtor has been very patient and helpful. Who else can call or text at 7 am or as late as 10 pm! Of course did I mention her family is good friends with our whole family!
The boys are headed out of town next weekend. I plan to start packing and looking at apartments. Do we want to go to an apartment? No, but we don't want to settle! We would rather be in an apartment than settle on any home.
I will do my best to keep you better updated!
11 years ago



2 comments:
Wow- lots happening! Hopefully your house will close with no problems.
I'm so amazed that buyers demand a perfect home when they are clearly buying a house that's 10+ years old. I understand fixing major things, but come on! I guess you gotta do whatever needs to be done to get it sold.
Hopefully you can find something soon. I can't imagine moving into an apt then moving to a house will be fun. Maybe you should just take an extended vacation. :-)
Hoping you find something soon!!
You certainly come from a family that knows how to pack and move!! You are taking the best approach - better to live in an apartment for a while than buy a house that "might work". Good luck and have fun!
Post a Comment