Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Garden


My garden changes every year usually due to what things I choose to plant. I don't have a great history of all of my plants producing but I do have fun when I do get to pick food. John David loves picking things, too. The things that grow best in my garden are jalapenos, cucumbers, and rosemary. Tomatoes are finicky or get eaten by the birds before I can pick them. I don't always water it everyday which is probably why I don't have great luck growing things.


This year we moved the garden to the other side of the house since the fence got moved up. David worked very hard putting down a lot of rich soil, building a wall (to keep out boys, a dog, and anything else), and even cutting the bricks to make sure it was perfect! He even purchased a step for me to step on while in the garden so I don't have to get too dirty. :)


I have decided to try okra this year. I started the seeds on the inside and they now need to be planted outside. The rosemary did great after we transplanted it from the other side of the house. I have two tomotaoes so far on one plant and nothing on the second plant. I also have two jalapenos. We'll see if they are as abundant as my serranos have been in the past.


You will also find me the local Farmer's Markets. this summer. There is nothing better than fresh veggies grown locally and not sold in bulk at the grocery stores.


I promise to share anything I have an abundance of this summer!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I didn't know you read mine! So fun! You need to start leaving comments! Your family will love visiting your blog since they miss seeing your boys on a daily basis.

Leah said...

Jenny's right, I love the pics!! Even though I'm closer than FL, it's still nice to see what's going on in your world! Love the swing set! And I'm glad you have a small garden and didn't inherit our mom's black thumb.