Tuesday, October 21, 2008

JoJo



Over 5 years ago David and I agreed on naming our first born John David. John was after David's uncle that he never knew but was always told he looked like. David was, of course, after David. I always wondered if he would change his name or prefer a nickname.

The time has come that John David isn't liking his name. It is not that he doesn't like his name but isn't liking writing ALL of his name. I have asked him if he prefered to be called "John" or "Johnny" instead but he always insisted that his name was "John David." Grandma and Grandpa are the only ones allowed to call him "Johnny."

Now that he is writing his name more than once a day in preschool, he is getting tired of writing all 9 letters. Ms. Christy and I have a great relationship and enjoy discussing this on the playground daily. She reminds him that his crazy mom gave him a long name to write on his pages. He has tried to write "Jo" and even "JoJo." I do not like "Jo" or worse "JoJo!" After mucn encouragement and almost threatning, he has decided on a new name, at least, in school- "John." I think he is enjoying writing less letters. But he will always be my John David!

Here is a picture of him on Monday after taking dinner to the Mahone's. He helped me prepare most of dinner and the rested instead of napping. It was too cute not to take a picture of him. :)

3 comments:

darlene said...

How John has grown :-) No matter what the name, he is still very cute.

The Norvells said...

Ah, it's those quiet moments that make it all worth while, right? Cute photo.

Anonymous said...

That pic of him asleep is precious. Love it!