Sunday, November 16, 2008

Chef John

I started watching Food Network a while back and have several favorite shows. It is also not bad to have on during the day. John David and I enjoy watching "Ace of Cakes" with Chef Duff. John David can even quote the opening "make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome." John David loves helping me cook, mix, stir, and even crack eggs! For a while he didn't want to crack eggs because the shells kept getting into the mix but now he can crack eggs without getting the shells in the mix! He loves my mixer. He turns it on, off, and changes the speeds effortlessly.


He likes to be called "Chef John" since that is what Duff is called. I haven't told him that Duff went to Culinary School to earn his name. He has an apron of mine that he always insists on wearing. It is cute! I need to get him one with his name on it soon.



This fall we have been making lots of pumpkin rolls from those who have had babies, MGM, birthday, and for a dinner with friends. Tonight we made 2 for David's Thanksgiving meal for work! We always make sure there is at least half without nuts for those who aren't "nutty"-David!






2 comments:

Aunt Kathryn said...

Looks like ya'll are making sweet memories! I think I need to taste one of those pumpkin rolls...yum!

Leslie said...

Can I hire him to be my personal chef??