Today John David lost his first tooth! It started getting loose a few weeks ago and it startled me. He acted pretty calm but loosing a tooth is pretty scary for a kid! He is very excited about getting money from the tooth fairy!

I had been checking his loose tooth every day or two to see the progress. Yesterday it was really lose and barely hanging on. I didn't have the stomach to pull it. On our way to MOPS it fell out. He claims he nearly swallowed it and spit it out. He held it tightly and wouldn't give it to me at first. I reminded him not to drop it or the Tooth Fairy wouldn't come. A few minutes later he gave the tooth to me. As I was inspecting it at a stoplight, it rolled out of my hand in between the seat and the center console! I couldn't believe it! I lost my son't first tooth!
I went through the day feeling very disappinted. I had other moms at lunch assure me that their children had swallowed a tooth and they would let me borrow one, if I really needed one. ;)
David got home from work early today and we started moving the seat around. Finally after we got the vacuum out, we found the tooth! I was so relieved!
Here are some adorable pictures of him without a tooth! It is exciting to see when the next tooth becomes loose and falls out! The Tooth Fairy is expected to come and we'll see what happens!




3 comments:
I am so glad that you found it. Did the tooth fairy come?
Just don't mistakenly grab the 20 dollar bill instead of the 1. My mom did that once...it was a great memory for me at the time and now makes a great story to tell (and retell) around the dinner table.
I am so glad that you found the tooth. I may not tell Kayla about this. She is really having a hard time with the fact that she is 7 and does not have a loose tooth in sight.
Post a Comment