The tooth fairy came Friday night while we all slept. David was a little disappointed not to be apart of things Saturday morning but he was in Waco duck hunting after leaving our house at 4am! The tooth fairy was very generous for the first tooth but probably won't be as generous the next time. She also brought orange TicTac which are a favorite in our house. (They also work as an excellent bribe for good behavior!)
John David didn't know what to think of the tooth fairy coming but definitely wanted to spend the money. We headed to a very crowded ToysRUs on Saturday to spend the money. It took about 3o minutes to pick out something in our price range. Of course, he first wanted to buy the Home Depot table saw with helmet until I explained it wasn't in our budget. I wasn't planning on offering any of my money. He had $5 from the tooth fairy as well as about $5.50 from the grandparents giving him coin change over the past few months. He didn't need any extra money from me especially since Christmas is only 11 days away! He bought a Hot Wheels 18 wheeler with car. The cashier was very nice while I counted out the coin change for her. He even came home with some money.
He asked lots of questions on how what the tooth fairy looked like? How did she get in? Girl or boy? David told him the tooth fairy comes in through the key hole in the front door. I told him I didn't know what the tooth fairy looked like because I was always alseep when she came. David and I both assured him that the tooth fairy was a girl.
11 years ago



3 comments:
$5?! That's one expensive tooth! I remember only getting quarter for mine! Can't wait to see snaggle-tooth!
Really great story. I am thinking that the tooth fairy will be a little low on cash by the time she makes it to our house. $5 - lucky boy!
Wow, do ya'll know how many teeth fall out of a child's mouth? Also, I am so glad to know how the tooth fairy gets in the house...always wondered!
Post a Comment