
Two weeks ago we bought Drew new mattresses. Ever since we moved he has sleeping on the crib mattress which laid on the floor. We didn't think it was worth setting up the 3-sided crib since it will be the full-size headboard for the guest room. Drew has loved his "big boy bed" with a "big boy pillow". The mattresses are still on the floor because we wanted to make sure he wouldn't roll off. He has done very well staying on his mattress. Here is a shot of his bed. He and John David couldn't decide who would get the striped sheets so one got the fitted sheet & pillow case and the other one got the flat sheet. They don't match but who cares! They agreed and didn't fight which was more important!
We are working on potty training. Some days are better than others. It all started before we moved when he wanted to start sitting on the potty. Bad timing but I didn't want to discourage progress. Rarely is it underwear alone but over a diaper or wearing a pull-up. I am a lot more calm through this period than I was with John David. We are starting eariler with Drew than John David, too. I have learned that he will be potty trained by Kindergarten. :)
Thursday morning as David and I were talking we heard a rip, rip, and then heard him go potty all by himself! We were surprised & excited! He was very proud of himself! Since we have been swimming alot I quickly ran out of swim diapers. He has done very well getting out of the pool to go potty in the backyard (of course). Since he likes to jump in the pool all of the time like John David it was easy to notice when it was time to go to the bathroom.
Here is a picture of "Bruiser" taken Thursday night. He was flossing his teeth but more important are his pjs. He loves the pjs with balls on them but he has been wearing them for a while now. As you can see they don't fit the same as they did probably a year ago. I am pretty sure they were John David's. I guess I'll have to find some more pjs with balls on them for his birthday or Christmas.



1 comment:
Drew is so grown up. Maybe his grandmother or aunt will buy him some new PJs. ;-)
Post a Comment