Sunday, August 3, 2008

Camping-Wednesday





Dad rented a ski boat for us. Grammy & Drew stayed behind and so did Aunt CC because she wasn't feeling well. The rest of us headed off ready for a great day or so we thought...

Dad, Joel, David, John David, Leah, and I headed off with less stuff than the first day to the boat rental. After we got skis, tube, & life jackets we headed out on the lake about 9:15ish. We stopped in front of the cabins so the others could watch. Joel was excited and wanted to go first so he put the skis on and I got my camera ready to begin. Dad couldn't start the engine and after multiple tries, he called the rental place. One of the workers came out in a pontoon boat a few minutes later with a new battery. Meanwhile everyone but dad got in the lake. He worked for a while but couldn't get the battery out. After something broke, he called for another worker to bring some pliers on a jet ski. We still continued to play in the water and started jumping off the pontoon boat. The gentleman had to return to the dock on the jet ski to get a drill and something else. He came back and worked for a while. Needless to say, we played for 1 1/2 hours while the boat was being fixed. The workers couldn't have been any nicer while trying to fix the boat and allowed us to stay out extra time without any penalty. Of course, Dad talked their ears off while we swam.


When we finally got started Joel put us all to shame. He got up and had a great time skiing. David got up and did very well, too. They each got out there several times having fun. I, on the other hand, drank lots of dirty lake water. I tried for a while to ski but didn't have much luck. I was patient but got very tired. The tube was a blast! I was very successful and enjoyed it. John David sat with David but didn't really enjoy it. Leah had a great time on the tube, too! She even lifted her hands to give a "Sic 'em Bears!" We stopped many times for John David to swim. He got very bored just sitting on the boat. Even though we lathered up with sunscreen the whole time, we all came home "kissed" by the powerful sun!





3 comments:

Aunt Kathryn said...

Anna, I want to be on that tube right now! Looks like ya'll had a great time! Loved seeing everyone.

Emily and Andy said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. It was so fun be able to see all of you.

darlene said...

What fun everyone had. I know your parents loved the week with you all together.