
Five years ago to date I was checking into Las Colinas Medica Center on Wednesday, August 6 hoping to have a baby soon. I was nervous about bringing my first child into this world. I had an appointment that morning where I learned that our planned due date hadn't been scheduled for August 8th. (August 8th would have been John Miller's birthday-John David's namesake.) I was 39 weeks along and the only induction was that night or waiting for 3 weeks. After many hours in labor and an epidural, John David still didn't want to come out so I had a c-section. God blessed us with a perfect little boy.
I can't believe my first son is turning 5 years old. It is even scarier that he is old enough for Kindergarten. School seems so big for my young son. John David is a precious boy who is very well behaved (most of the time). He can be quiet and hard to warm up to others. He loves cars, dinosaurs, super heroes, and being a boy. Questions are continually turning around in his head. He dreams one day of growing up to be a pirate. (I don't know what he thinks pirates do.) I know he is sick because he wants to snuggle with me otherwise he is up running around. He has gotten good at antagonizing his little brother.
John David is headed to church preschool this year. I don't know if he understands his usual friends are headed to school in a few weeks. I hope this next year is successful for him with a new set of friends. I know holding him back will help him be more successful academically, socially, and the rest of his life.



6 comments:
Happy Birthday John David! The time goes by so fast. (I could not spell in my first comment! It has been a long morning). I hope he has a great birthday!
Happy Birthday John David! I think it's a great decision to hold back- I will most likely be following suit!
Happy Birthday John David!
I think you are making the right decision to hold him back a year. I truly believe that you will never regret that decision...
Blessings to all four of you!
Happy Birthday!
John David will be fine with either plan. Being one of the youngest boys in the class can be tough but it can be done. I know he will be fine with his new friends and will never think about how it occured.
I can't believe he is five....happy birthday John David!
Post a Comment