Sunday, August 3, 2008

What mom has ever tried to pass off a dirty diaper?


As a mom of two boys I have changed many dirty diapers. On Monday afternoon Drew had a stinky diaper. Christy, David, Leah, and I were down at our cabin as I gave Christy all of my maternity clothes. Drew was also with us when I smelled a stinky diaper! I thought it would be fun to send Drew up the hill with a diaper & a clean smelling disposable bag for the stinky diaper. We told him to go find Popaw who was playing a card game at the top of the hill. It was hilarious to watch him waddle up the hill and watch the others react to what he was carrying! Popaw changed the diaper without complaining and sent Drew back down the hill. As we saw Drew come down the hill one arm carried the bag with a stinky diaper inside. In the other hand he had a pretzel rod dipped in white chocolate decorated with sprinkles. He was thrilled and following his directions of going to find "Mommy." I hadn't let him have a whole pretzel rod because it was too much. Popaw thought since Drew had followed directions, he should be rewarded! :) We all laughed at this incident all week long! I am sure we will retell this story many times.

No comments: