Friday, August 15, 2008

Gold!

What American doesn't like to watch the Olympics? I loved all of the Opening Ceremony. The outfits were great because they were designed by Ralph Lauren. The gymnastics are one of my favorite things to watch durings these two weeks. Swimming is always cool especially the divers but I am enjoying watching the swimmers this time, too. It was exciting to watch the women gymnists win individual gold & silver this evening. I really don't want anyone to fall but I am glad Nastia won. She trains not to far from here. How cool is that?

David and I have both enjoyed watching the swimmers. We always cheer on Michael. He seems pretty clean cut - loves his mom & sisters, no (visible) tattoos, and no unusual piercings. I know it doesn't make a person perfect but it has been cool to learn more about him. I have also enjoyed learning about the women swimmers.

Does anyone know why the water polo caps are tied on instead of velcro or a different strap? Does anyone know why their caps have certain ear coverings? I have only caught a little of those games on TV but it is a sport I know nothing about.

The women beach volleyball has also been fun to cheer on.

No comments: