
For Father's Day, I got David tickets to see Jerry Sienfeld Saturday, July 19th. We were very excited because Joel & his best friend, Jeff, would be joining us. Leah had graciously agree to come and babysit the boys in hopes Aunt CC would come, too. Since it didn't work with Aunt CC (because I messed up the dates), Leah came up early so we could all spend the day together.
David and I planned to meet at 5 for dinner at OTB Knox-Henderson with Joel, Jeff, Michelle, and their two month old girl, Claire. I was ready about 5 minutes before we had to leave, thank goodness. Leah was playing with the boys when all of a sudden John David fell hitting his chin on one of our coffee end tables. Leah passed him off to me while inspected the bleeding wound. I mouthed to Leah to get David because I was thinking it would need a stitch or two. David agreed so John David and I quickly got into the car while Leah gathered our shoes. John David was crying & I was trying to get him to hold an ice pack on the wound. We took off to Acute Kids Care not far from our house. (It is such a great place! check it out http://www.acutekidscare.com/ ) He cried in the car until I started praying outloud. He then quietened down for a few minutes. Within 5 minutes of walking in the door, we were in a room being checked by a nurse and a doctor soon following. The doctor said it would be great for gluing shut! It looked like a mini-super glue container. While John David was still crying, the nurse held it closed while the doctor glued. We left within 30 minutes of walking in the door. Sonic was around the corner, so we got a blue slushee. Leah made mac'n cheese for dinner which made the evening good. John David was much better when we left.
David and I left in time to meet Joel & Jeff as they finished dinner. We then rode to Fair Park to see Jerry. After a late start and Mark Schiff (sp?) opened, he came on. It was funny. He joked about the weather, married life, Dallas, kids, meds, etc. We laughed and laughed. After a standing ovation, he came back to answer some questions for about 10 minutes. I called to check on John David before and after the show. Since he had never had a nap today, he was exhausted. Leah did a great job making him feel better & making sure the boys were loved & taken care of while we were gone.
David and I dropped off the boys before heading to Maggiano's for a late dinner. Here are some pics of the injury. There is no swimming for 8 days, no neosporin, and no picking at it.

*Update- According to my cousin, this is a common occurance. How many of you have scars on your chin? Your spouse? Your kids?



4 comments:
Poor guy! Kayla got stitches under her chin before she was 2. The doctor gave us a statistic as to how many adults have scars under their chins, but I don't remember. It was a lot! I hope he heals quickly.
I think I actually escaped the "stitches on the chin" right of passage in my youth, but I am sure Dave has a story about that that I haven't heard yet :>).
Caleb has had 2 rounds of stitches. Once in the corner of his lip- while I was in labor with Carter. The other was on his forehead a few months later... he ran into the doorknob.
Poor John David! I'm sure missing out on swimming is the biggest bummer!
Yep..I have stitches on my chin.. I was in 4th grade and on mission trip in Juarez Mexico. I was running in the dirt and tripped and fell and cut it on a piece of glass or something.. I had to go to El Paso and my Mom couldn't go with me as she was needed to stay with the preschoolers... so the sponsor took me to get stitches.. not fun.
Hope that these will be his last and not his first.
Post a Comment