Sunday, September 14, 2008

MOPS





Friday was our first MOPS meeting of the year. It went fantastic! There were a few things that tried to get in our way but God worked them out for us. On Wednesday, our "mentor mom" devotional had to bow out due to a death in the family. After some discussion & asking, Stephanie found the pastor's wife to lead a last minute devotional. That was in God's hands because she was one we wanted to hear from this year anyway. Thank you Mary Beth!
We personalized our nametags, enjoyed lots of great food, and fellowship. Our guest speaker for the month was Brad Newton with HIMPROV. Brad has been to our group a few years ago and was a great way to start off the year. He made us laugh, got us up and moving to meet others in our MOPS group. I think "BOING" was my favorite part. :) Towards the end Brad shared his testimony how God has worked in his life since his wife suddenly past away 7 months ago. WOW! There wasn't a dry eye in the room. We had over 40 moms and hope to have more next month.


We bought table clothes this summer so that we have nice, matching white table clothes. Each table has a photo tree that will be filled with photos of moms and their families.


Thank you to everyone who helped make Friday successful! Thank you God for the blessings and new friendships. I am looking forward to this year!

2 comments:

Aunt Kathryn said...

Anna, I am so glad you have MOPS! That is something we didnt have in VA and I think I really missed out Many of my friends in TX tell me how meaningful it was in there lives during those preschool years.

The Norvells said...

The tables look beautiful! Glad everything worked out so well!