Monday, June 16, 2008

4 Kids in one day!!!





I had four kids today! Even though I doubled the amount of kids in one day, it wasn't as bad as I thought it could have been. Will & Julie came over today because they are moving away. We are so sad because John David and Will get along so well. They don't fight & keep themselves very occupied for long periods of time. Julie, Drew and I stuck together. Julie helped me make 5 sandwiches since the boys were playing. Julie and Drew were quick to fall asleep but the boys played for over an hour instead of sleeping. Oh well.


We ate popsicles, played on the "ship" while I sprayed everyone with the water hose, & also played cars/dinosaurs/blocks inside. Julie left just before dinner & Will stayed to spend the night. After dinner & David getting home, we played outside even more. I was shocked at the energy level the boys had running around & laughing hard. It took just under an hour for them to finally fall asleep.


It was sad to go to their house and see all the boxes being packed. It brought back many memories of my homes growing up being packed up while we were at school.


I wish Will, Julie, Christy, & Roy the best. I know this is a business move & I don't know why God is taking one of my son's good friends to another part of the state. These boys are only two weeks apart in age, we live close to each other now, and we met through church/school. I do know that we will still stay in contact. I know God is in control and he will bless their family as well as our family. Thank you, God, for bringing such a great family into our lives.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

What a fun day, and good memories. You expressed it well. It brought back many memories of moving . . . as well as a few tears as I relived the experiences again. Moving (leaving or being left behind) is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. However, God is faithful to provide and to bless. And I wouldn’t take for the friends and memories that have been made along the way.

henna's hearsay said...

Four kids -- no biggie! :-)

I hate when friends move. My best friend moved to to Houston (her daughter is also Lindsay's best friend.) I still haven't figured out why their life took such a horrible turn. We talk every day on the phone, but I would prefer to have her here with me!