Blogging is very interesting. I am constantly debating about what to write about. Do my friends and family want to hear my thoughts like a diary or the daily grind of the day?
We'll it has been an interesting day. Drew, John David, and I went to the gym like we do most Mondays for a weights class which is a favorite of mine. I usually shower at the gym afterwards because I can do it without any interruptions. For you fellow moms, you know what a quiet shower, blow drying my hair and putting on fresh make-up can do to a mom's confidence. We spent the latter part of the afternoon cleaning out several different closets and cabinets at church that has various MOPS articles for several years. How exhilarating to find things that were lost and condense stuff!
Dinner time is always frustrating but God had a hand in it tonight. As I was cutting up veggies & cooking chicken, Drew was fussing. I tried to feed him carrots that he has eaten for me before but those ended up thrown on the floor, as well as, the cup and spoon. I was very frustrated and losing my cool! (I forgot to mention that Drew was into everything at the church & fussed almost the whole way home.) The boys played for a little while before Drew was able to find the TV remote. I think Rachel Ray was cooking at the time. Drew started pressing buttons and John David started yelling at me that Drew had the remote. I looked up in time to see the TV switch to the worship channel which was playing beautiful music. I immediately thought that God had a hand in it. I could hear God telling me to calm down & not get so frustrated. After I said a little prayer in my head, I instantly felt better.
Thank you, God. I am so fortunate that I have a husband who comes in at night to play with the boys & takes them out of the kitchen after dinner so I can clean up the dishes. Thank you for reminding me to calm down. I was in a much better mood the rest of the evening.
Now as I get ready for tomorrow, please say a prayer of patience and calmness. John David is going to the dentist in the morning and he doesn't like going at all. John David is more terrified of the dentist than probably singing on stage. Drew is going too because I couldn't find a sitter. I know things will go well for all of us but I promise the morning will be covered in prayer!
I'll fill you in tomorrow about our day.
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment