Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vacation Bible School


VBS is this week at our church and it is called Outrigger Island. I am working with 7 friends of mine which is fun. I volunteered to be the director of 1st grade which is so far going pretty good. At least I think it is going well. ;) John David threw a fit with tears when I dropped him off Monday morning which is very unusual. He was better a few minutes later when I saw him in the opening assembly. It is weird to think he is growing up and participting in the opening assembly. Before long he'll be in elementary school or too old to participate but a working youth member in VBS. (Sniff, Sniff) Drew is still in the nursery having a great time, not knowing why he is at church everyday this week.

A funny thing that has happened this week is that our church called an Associate Children's Minister on Sunday. He started bright and early Monday morning! He joked with the Children's Minister about when his day off was this week. She laughed! He fully knew it wasn't going to happen! We have about 700 children this week enrolled and about half of them aren't members of our church!

Monday's breakfast was quite interesting. We were having leftover waffles from Sunday for breakfast. John David and I had strawberries, blueberries, and Redi-whip. Drew just got a waffle but then he wanted an oatmeal bar instead. So I gave him a oatmeal bar and a dallop of Redi-whip on his few bites of waffle he still hadn't eaten. He had more fun dipping the bar in the whipped topping & licking it off repeatedly. Silly boy!

2 comments:

The Norvells said...

mmmm...waffles and redi whip! The breakfast of champs and perfect before VBS!!

darlene said...

Drew has it right but where is the chocolate syrup?