Friday, June 27, 2008

John David did it!!!

John David performed tonight! Anyone who know John David knows he is known to be timid and not wanting to perform in front of others. He hasn't performed at 4-year old graduation, Spring concerts, etc. At the end of VBS our church has a musical and carnival. The four and five year olds perform two songs while the First through Sixth graders perform all of the songs. John David did the hand motions and sang! I got a little teary watching him. David and I were very impressed and proud of our little man. He did keep turning around to look at the choir loft to see all of the older kids singing.
John David had mentioned all afternoon that he didn't want to sing. As we talked, I told him that Dad and I would be watching my first grade students on the other side. We assured him we wouldn't watch him at all! When he class was lead in, David and I hid our faces so he wouldn't see us sitting in the front of the back section of pews. So to get the pictures, I had my girlfriends go up front to take his picture. Thanks, Mandi & Leslie! Leslie then offered to watch Drew in the foyer so we could watch John David perform his songs. We were very proud of him! When we told him we watched him, he wasn't happy about it.

After the musical, we went to the "circus" or carnival. He loved the tickets and bounced in the various bounce houses rather than play too many games. Here is a picture of him bowling. He wanted to go to another game but the water gun wasn't working. Drew was a quite the trooper tonight-staying up late, being held, and running around in the heat.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Way to go! Caleb didn't take the stage until last fall for the first time. It seems we both have shy first borns!

Judy said...

YEA John David! He really is coming out of his shell! Ready or Not.. here he comes!
Miss Judy (his VBS teacher)

darlene said...

The boys (John David and Caleb) obviously get their shyness from the fathers. It will be interesting to see what Drew and Carter do.

So happy for John David (and you).